Thursday, April 5, 2018

Hey Lovelies,

I´ve mentioned a thorough inventory- clean up on my latest statement. Within the last weeks the topic came up in the forums, repetitively and my system was always complimented when I explained how I sort my inventory.
Back in ...2009? I hopped on a Posestand and didn´t leave it for 6 weeks (yeah you read that right...) taking raw, simple pics for EVERY fuckin item I bought...
Those pictures are hilarious I tell ya!! Naked with only a shirt, bald with nothing but a pair of jeans, blurry face but the dress rezzed just fine. Stuff like that.
On my HDD (synched with Dropbox and Nextcloud) I created the exact subfolders that I have inworld.





Actually... I didn´t take pics of EVERYthing... I just started to weed out and catalogize all those accessories, followed by furniture, makeup, poses and photo stuff.  You bet I´ll be so glad when that´s all done cos I have no idea what everything is and I basically do need that shit, spech when I think of going back to blogging.

Erm... I´m derivating. Where was I? Oh... right! Every time I buy something new I put it in either "zum auspacken" (unpack) or if it comes unpacked it goes into "einsortieren und knipsen" (sort and snap). As soon as a picture of it is saved offline it goes in the corresponding inworld folder.
If I am hunting or raiding gifts  I might go some days without unpacking and snapping pics, but I try to keep that up. Plus it helps me procrastinate with the remaining folders of horror! I do start to see a massive impact though, starting at 83k I´m now down to 62k items. Plus I throw out sizes I don´t wear and all those rezzing poses that want to animate your avatar during unpacking, unpacking scripts and stuff.

I do have back ups in my "Do not delete" Folder and if all else fails there´s usually redelivery ;).
This system works like a charm for me and I´ve been thinking about giving classes about it back in the days. Who knows what might happen?

Till then,

love,
Kasha

No comments:

Post a Comment